Stuff rolling around in my head
Here are some completely unrelated things that have happened recently...
1. I have a car for a few weeks because one of my coworkers is in the States. Beggars in the city find empty parking spots and "help" you park your car so that you'll pay them. If you don't pay you have to worry about what might happen to your car. Tonight two beggars got into a fight trying to help me park. Both were trying to claim the spot as "theirs". I finally had to honk at them to get them to move so I could get into the spot and the cars behind could go on. Not knowing what to do or what they might do in their angry state if I didn't pay, I ended up having to pay BOTH of them. It ticks me off that I have to pay one, much less TWO when neither did ANYTHING but get in my way! Argh.
2. I borrowed a drill so that I could drill holes into the wall and hang curtains finally. Feeling very manly (but not burping, scratching, or spitting), I started this project. I got one side up just fine. The other won't go all the way into the wall. I am told I'm going to need a bit that will go through metal. I can't wait to go to the "ferreteria" tomorrow and try to ask for that! I don't even know what I need in ENGLISH, much less Spanish.
3. Speaking of the fear of making stupid mistakes in Spanish...I went to the doctor here for the first time on Monday. It seems that the spring conditions in Germany sent my sinuses into spring-mode and I got a respiratory infection. I went to the doctor in hopes that I would not say something wrong and come out with an amputated toe. I am happy to report that I did fine and am feeling much better after a couple of days of antibiotics. Woohoo!
4. And this one is definitely a "God thing". It has happened occasionally before and I am always amazed when it does...
During my Bible study this morning I came across some verses that reminded me of Chris Newsome's family and what they have gone through/are going through following Chris's murder. My heart HURTS for them. I spent time this morning in prayer for them and even asked God why He might have brought them to mind today. This evening I opened my email and had a message from my sister that said only this and nothing more...
"The trial started yesterday for the Newsome/ Christian murders. Its all over the TV and radio. Those poor parents...."
You pray for them too, okay?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home