Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

19 November 2011

Gibraltar...really late

After nearly 3 years here I finally made it to Gibraltar. It is less than 2 hours away, but I've just never gone. It is a British territory so you need a passport to enter and then everything is in English. It was so odd. But it was so much smaller than you would expect. This is the view of it from the Spain side. It is just a big rock with a town at the bottom.
And it is covered with apes. This one is eating the other ones fleas while the baby chills nearby.
Looks just like George Mitchell, no?
Having an apple. Thinking deep thoughts.
The highlight the trip was actually (and sadly) the food. My favorite pizza place in London is Pizza Express. They had one in Gibraltar. And the dessert my friend ordered came with this on the side!! Do any of my Uganda peeps recognize this gem??? Its entutunu!!! I LOVED those in Uganda and I've never seen them anywhere else. And I didn't think to ask the chick what they are called here. Dang it.
Not pictured here is the Subway sandwich I later paid 9 euros for!!! (That's about $13.) It was worth it. Who knew I'd miss roast beef so very much?!
Anne, I'm so hungry I could eat at Arbys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home