Luke 2
The sweet little Christian school that my nieces attend has this amazing tradition for Christmas. Every year the FIRST grade MEMORIZES 21 verses of Luke 2. It's amazes me. Every year now since Abi was in first grade, we've had the tradition at out house that the girls recite Luke 2 before we open Christmas gifts on Christmas Eve. It's my very favorite thing. I cry every year. This year, I got to hear the SCS 1st grade recite it again. I cried.
Last year, I heard John, our team leader, read it. I cried. (John, you did a fine job. I just love that story...and missed my nieces!) This year I am sure I will think of my sweet Kampala family when I hear it. I will be thankful to hear my nieces again, but I am sure I will cry missing the KUT. It's funny. I'm never fully at home any more. Just one more piece of evidence...this world is NOT our home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home