Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

18 December 2006

You know you're in a funk when...

I spent the day yesterday being mad at everyone. I have no excuse. None. So I decided to go to my room (at my sister's house since I'm STILL homeless) and read and try not to be hateful to anyone. However, "Christmas Vacation" came on and I decided it might make me laugh. And it did. But, you know you are seriously in a funk when the funniest line in the funniest movie is "How can it possibly get any worse than this? We're at the threshold at of HELL!"
This morning, I woke up with that stuck in my head. I am a little stressed about the fact that I am unemployed and homeless. (Didn't get the job in Podunk, by the way. Small town politics. They hired in-house.) Not until this weekend did that really hit me. I'm ready to have my own place and be settled again. I love being with my family...just not in their house! Hence, the funk.
On the way home from taking my nieces and nephew to school (I'm the nanny) I turned on the local Christian radio station. And don't you know that God is good? I turned it on just in time to hear this song that I used to love and haven't heard in years. And I NEEDED to hear it today. I think the guy who sings it is Russ Taff...maybe?
I smile when I think about the way You turned my life around.
I smile when I think about the happiness in You I've found.
I'm so amazed at what Your love has done that when I think they best is yet to come, I smile!

I KNOW God has a plan. I know the best is yet to come. I just needed a reminder this morning that I am NOT at the threshold of hell...I'm right where God wants me! He's not paniked (doesn't it change to K when past tense?). Why should I panic?

1 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger JasonC said...

I believe it is "Panicked", but Gin is the speller.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home