Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

03 January 2007

The God who speaks...

I had a meltdown today. It's the first one I've had since I came home. It was the first day that I've truly felt overwhelmed by the homlessness/joblessness. No, I don't need you to remind me that God is in control and has great things planned for me. I KNOW this...I just had a momentary loss of spiritual eyes today. But here's how God spoke to me tonight...
In my Bible study, The Patriarchs, Beth asked me the question, "At this season in your life, what is your greatest need?" My answer: direction/purpose. Her next question, "What name for God in the Bible meets that need?" I started looking at my list of names for God that I had written down from the Bible. Here's what I needed tonight:
El Roi= the God who sees (Do I think He doesn't see all my stuff in my car as I shuffle from one home to another?)
Jehovah-Jireh=the Lord who provides (Has he not provided for me so far...family to stay with, money out of the blue?)
Jehovah-Rohi=the Lord our Shepherd (Can I not just shut up and follow where He leads and stop asking so many questions? I don't think He is enjoying my "Are we there yet?" every day or so.)
Jehovah-Shammah=the Lord who is present (During my meltdown, one of my favorite songs came on the radio. Part of it says, "You are who You are, no matter where I am." He is present; He is in control; He is in love with me no matter where I am...homeless or not.)
Maybe you needed to hear some names of God today. Maybe you need to look some up too. I wish there was one in the Bible that calls Him "the God who speaks". I love it when He does that. Don't you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home