Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

29 August 2009

Fun Aunt Christy

One of the best things about being single is that kids don't look at me like I'm a mom. I just get to be Fun Aunt Christy. One morning this week I got to pick up our MK girls (ages 12-14) and go do fun, non-mom stuff. Basically the day consisted of roaming from shop to shop looking at various earrings and beads to make earrings, eating ice cream for lunch, and finding fun places to take pictures. Because that is what 12-14 year old girls want to do...take fun pictures and post them on FB. And their moms won't just go from park to park with them looking for stupid things to do and take pictures. Moms, what is your problem? You are so LAME.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see that you're trying to nanny other children. I suppose you let them call you auntsissy too. Perhaps you always carry gum and hand it out to them.
HA!
Love,
Your favorite Niece

 

Post a Comment

<< Home