Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

23 August 2009

Once again...

I think I've mentioned on here before that I can see NINE churches from my rooftop, yes? I keep forgetting to go up there and take a picture to post. The only thing I go up there for is to hang my clothes out to dry. Maybe when it isn't so stinking hot I'll actually go up there to sit. I really would love to have my morning QT up there. Maybe in October it will be cool enough. But I digress...
The other day I was walking home and was stopped for directions. I LOVE when I get stopped for directions because it means I blend in. People see me and assume I'm Spanish. And then I open my mouth and I see that look of utter disappointment...except that I often know how to get where they are going and so they overlook my accent and listen. Again, I digress...
So the other day I was asked by an Italian couple where Iglesia de San Marcos was. I thought for a minute. I looked at it in their tour book. I looked at their map. I shook my head and told them I was so sorry but I had no idea. Two blocks later I rounded the corner just before my corner and walked past this church I pass twice every day. Guess what church it was. Si, it was Iglesia de San Marcos. I have GOT to start paying more attention. But seriously, when you walk past 10 or more churches a day...who could keep up with that?
This picture...it's a window in the wall near the back side of the church. It is one of a zillion figures of Mary with Jesus. He is always either in this position...helpless and dead in her arms... or he is a baby in her arms. Would someone PLEASE alert the Catholic church that Jesus did NOT remain a baby in Mary's arms and that after he died on the cross, he did NOT remain dead in her arms. He is the RISEN SAVIOR. And what does Mary have to do with it anyway???
Oh wait, that what I'm doing here. I came to alert the masses. I better get on it. It may take a while.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home