Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

29 August 2009

Official

Remember back before I left the US I asked everyone to pray over my visa? And then I got it and had to return to pick it up? Well, since I've been here I've used that first step to move to the next step...being a resident. It's not an easy process. One of our teammates has been here TWO YEARS and still doesn't have hers. I, on the other hand, GOT MINE LAST WEEK!!! Teammate were shocked at the ease with which I got mine. I was not. I knew folks were praying.
Here I am picking up my "tarjeta de residencia" at the "Oficina de extranjeros". Extranjeros can be translated as extra-terrestrial or foreigner. I don't care which it is...I'm OFFICIAL!!!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home