Homesick

God's word reminds us that this world is not our home. Do you ever feel like a stranger...like an alien...like you're not sure where to park for a while? It's really a GOOD thing. I don't want to be settled/complacent. But why is it so hard sometimes? And how on earth do you explain it to someone?!! Maybe my blog will help you understand. I hope you enjoy.

29 August 2009

Movie treats

I was talking to a friend that I used to work with in Uganda this week and she asked me how she could be praying for me. I told her that I am in need of friends. The next morning I got a text inviting me to the movies with my only Spanish friend. How good is God?
A group of 7 of us went to see that Pelham 123 movie. I think I pretty much understood it, but I am sure I missed some stuff being that it was all in Spanish. How weird is it to hear Spanish voices coming out of John Travolta and Denzel Washington's mouths???
If you know me at all, you know that I love to go to the movies and that it is more about the popcorn and fountain drinks than it is about the movie. And though this popcorn had no butter at all, there was plenty of it as well as fountain Diet Coke. Darby is modeling for us here just how big our treats were. We shared the popcorn and I went for a swim in my Coke Zero. And that's the night I was up until after 4a.m.!! Gotta love some caffeine that late!
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time at the movies with your friends. Wish we had a cinema to go to (ha, ha no joke). God is always on time. love you friend Rebekah

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

note: my head is very very big. so the coke and popcorn have to be huge to make my head seem small compared to them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home