One year
Wow. It was one year ago today that I stepped foot back on American soil. It's been a fast and slow year at the same time. Those first few months when I was trying to figure out how to live with a Ugandan mind in America were a bit trying. And those months when I couldn't find a job and wasn't sure that I shouldn't have just stayed in Uganda...those were rough. But then God really started to show me (or I finally started to pay attention) the next step and the next and now it seems to be flying by! I can't believe it's October! I can't believe that at this time next year I'll be saying goodbyes all over again. But I'm not going to start now. So...a fun school story instead...
Two different kids with hilarious t-shirts today:
1. "Drink apple juice. OJ will kill you."
2. "Fight me, I'm irish."
I laughed out loud at both of them.

2 Comments:
It's nice that you have fun shirts to laugh at....I'm afraid of what my kids would show up wearing if they didn't have uniforms... :) Miss you! Kristin
Danny and I flew with you on that trip and said goodbye in Amsterdam. And we are still in Uganda and how we miss you. And we believe that Yes, you should have stayed in Uganda!! But we know that God is truly working in your life and that you will be right where HE needs you to be. But you are missed terribly. Claudia
Post a Comment
<< Home